Saturday, March 30, 2013

BARRED


...So I am improving...and now GingerMan is turning his attention to his annual Spring Migration to Ireland...”

OR not.  Bags were about to be packed, Days out from Departure numbered T-3 and counting.


Untitled

It seems no matter what I did to scrub my hands raw or disinfect switches and faucets as I went, GingerMan caught the plague.  The Sunday before his trip.  It started in the morning, so I bundled him into the guest room, donned apron and gloves and scrubbed the house top to bottom with bleach.  Called the doctor, told them what the ER Angels had given me, they called in a scrip Monday morning and he was well on his way that evening.  Pissed off, but way better off than I had been.  My hands, on the other--um, hand--- were puffy, red, raw, scratched and stinging.

Untitled

Enter Lavishea Lotion Bars.  In the interests of Equality, I will also mention the gorgeous Bar Maids Lo-Lo Bars.  What the Whaaa? You ask?

A lotion bar.  Comes in a little round tin, made of various oils, waxes, natural stuff and it was not until this utter catastrophe struck and my Yarn Posse texted en masses that I realized I had run out of these about a year ago and never stocked up again. They are ingredients formed into a small cake, which you pop out of the tin, rub on the affected area and pop back in the tin.  No Muss, No Fuss.


Untitled

 I am a dedicated follower of Bar Maids lip balms, they are now the only ones allowed in the house.  When GM and I first met, he had, possibly, the Worst Lips in the World.  The US, even in the humid regions, is a drastically dryer place than Ireland.  By a LOT.  In the Old Country, you leave bread out, here, that's Death.  When we go home for holidays, we never use lotion and my hands look 10 years younger, here my skin falls off if I don’t moisturize every 6 hours religiously and after every hand washing.  

So we are on a strict balm regimen, with happy smoochers to show for it. Lately, I have had specific skin allergies which have reduced me to one specific type of body lotion recommended by my doctor, but before that, I knocked my bad self out with the panoply of scented wonders from these companies, even when I couldn’t use any other scented products on the market.

Their ingredients are pure, and great for all skin types.  Lavishea bars are a little dryer than the Bar Maids to the touch.  Bar Maids has an entire line of cool stuff including several facial products, a natural baby line (tested by my niece, the Intrepid Danger Mouse), and the O For Feet’s Sake bar.  I am a makeup and body-care ‘Ho, and love them all, so I can’t honestly give you a preference for one over the other.  


Untitled
DID I MENTION-LO-LO Has Luscious Flavors???? OOOO YUMMO!

OH!! And this is the NUGGET OF KNOWLEDGE, hidden like those stupid morals tacked on to the end of a He-Man- Masters of the Universe episode: 

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY IN THE UNIVERSE, WASH YOUR HANDS.  DOCTOR STYLE.  PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FINGER TIPS AND WASH ALL THE WAY UP THE WRISTS.  

IF SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU HAS NORO OR A RELATED VIRUS, USE A BLEACH CLEANER TO CLEAN YOUR KITCHEN, THE BATHROOMS AND ALL LIGHT SWITCHES, REMOTE CONTROLS AND FAUCETS.

ESTABLISH, IF POSSIBLE, A “CLEAN” BATHROOM AND A “SICK” BATHROOM AND KEEP THEM SACRED AND SEPARATE.

IF YOU HAVE A REFRIGERATOR WATER/ICE SPIGOT, BE SURE YOU ARE CLEANING THAT WITH BLEACH BETWEEN EACH USE.  ALL PARTS OF IT.

IF POSSIBLE, DO NOT ALLOW THE SICK PERSON TO USE THE KITCHEN!!!!

So, otherwise, yes, this is nothing but a shill, but only because it’s been a grossbuckets two weeks round here, and these literally saved the skin on my hands and made me a bit happier. They are available at many local yarn shops and online at http://www.lavishea.com/ and https://bar-maids.com/.  Also, if you are attending any local fiber festivals, knitting conventions and whatnots, check to see if the Bar Maids are in attendance--you’ll hear the whooping and laughter a mile away!  They are more fun than a barrel of monkeys and you will love supporting a great company by treating yourself.

Herein ends the sermon, I am knackered.  I’m even skipping knitting today.  I’ve cleaned and tidied and worked all week and I am just gonna droooool today.  Except I keep coming up with things to do.  So Still Not Bored.  Then there’s Treadmill Time.  OH!  Okay, next time I’ll tell you about all the movies I’ve watched in the last week and a half!  

As Calvin said to Hobbes, the days are just packed!  


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment